We provide all standard architectural services as set out in the Professional Fees Framework (Board Notice 195 of 2011):
1. Receive, appraise and report on the client's requirements with regard to:
1. Prepare an initial design and advise on:
2. Check for conformity of the concept with the rights to the use of the land.
3. Review the anticipated costs of the project.
4. Review the project programme.
1. Confirm the scope and complexity.
2. Review the design and consult with local and statutory authorities.
3. Develop the design, construction system, materials and components.
4. Incorporate all services and the work of consultants.
5. Review the design, costing and programme with the consultants.
1. Prepare documentation sufficient for local authority submission:
1. Obtain the client’s authority to prepare documents to procure offers for the execution of the works.
2. Procure and obtain offers for the execution of the works.
3. Evaluate offers and recommend on the award of the building contract.
4. Prepare the contract documentation (and arrange the signing of the building contract)
1. Hand over the site to the contractor.
2. Issue construction documentation.
3. Initiate and/or check sub-contract design and documentation as appropriate.
4. Inspect the works for conformity to the contract documentation.
5. Administer and perform the duties and obligations assigned to the principal agent in the JBCC building agreements, or fulfill the obligations provided for in other forms of contract.
6. Issue the certificate of practical completion.
7. Assist the client to obtain the occupation certificate
1. Fulfill and complete the project close-out including the preparation of the necessary documentation to facilitate the effective completion, handover and operation of the project.
2. After the contractor’s obligations with respect to the building contract are fulfilled, the architect shall issue the certificates related to contract completion.
3. Provide the client with as-built drawings and relevant technical and contractual undertakings by the contractor and sub-contractors.
We are SANS10400-XA competent.
1. Special Design services:
2. Special Management Services:
3. Special Studies:
4. Work on Existing Premises:
5. Other Services: